Writing Software: Book Writer by Yadu Digital
From this List
From Download.net Site Review:
Book Writer’s 30-day trial comes with limits, such as one sample book layout. It installs desktop icons without permission and leaves folders behind after uninstalling. Its mix of data and writing makes this a helpful tool that we recommend.
$89.95 On sale! $67.00 — free to try
Unknown if sale is long term or short. The Download.net review shows price as $67 and that review is dated from 2009.
• Windows (XP/Vista/7/8)
• Combine related files into a project for easy management.
• Merge individual chapters into a single manuscript for submissions.
• Open all files in a project with a single click.
• Move from file to file by clicking notebook tabs.
• Find any word or phrase in all project files, opened or not.
• Copy or move all files at once.
• Zip all files in a project automatically for backup or emailing.
• Think of the right word easily with Active Thesaurus™.
• Easily import Word® and WordPerfect® files.
• Organize your writings in visual projects to eliminate thinking in computerese.
• Eliminate needless business functions from your word editor.
• Get your writings out of computer space and, symbolically, into your hands in front of you.
• Use titles instead of system file names to identify the parts of your writings.
• Open, copy, or move files by clicking on titles in a project’s tree diagram.
• Drag and drop a project’s symbol to copy or move all its files.
• Find anything—even misspelled words, alternate spellings, and typo-ed words.
• Replace names or words inside all files in a project, creating backups automatically.
• Index every word in your project’s files to see every place a name or word occurs.
• Jump from file to file with a single click to see found or indexed words in various files.
• Use the spelling checker, dictionary, and thesaurus in US or UK English.
• Create files that your editor, agent, professor, or others can read with any word processor.
From Yadu Digital Website
If you are a writer—not a business person or secretary—try this word processor made for writers!
Are you writing a book?Are you a student?Are you researching?
If you have chapters, notes, papers, or any writings spread across multiple files, you can use Book Writer™ to free your creative mind from your computer.
Writing on a computer has many advantages and two problems: it can interfere with the creative mind; and information can be lost in the darkness of digital space. Book Writer™ and Finders Keepers™ eliminate those problems.
Other People’s Thoughts about Book Writer by Yadu Digital
Download.com: Book Writer Review
This is the only review we could find on Book Writer and it’s from 2009!
We (royal, *smile*) had never seen this particular program before but it’s been around a long, long, LOOONG time! Copyright on website says 2000? That said, the program has a somewhat “dated” look to it though it says it works in Windows 8. But as the Download.com Review stated, the program leaves icons on the desktop and leaves folders behind after uninstalling. Those are the signs of either old programs or “shifty” programming. NOT that we’re saying this company is bad. If anyone personally uses this program, please feel free to share the awesomeness that the program bestows upon them! *wink* So, though the program doesn’t have the new, slick feel of some of the big name software, it appears to get the job done!